What we do
What we do
Using data and research collected by the Hub, we track progress towards gender equality and women’s empowerment and support relevant advocacy campaigns.
- We monitor and evaluate progress on the policies, laws and advocacy initiatives which support gender equality and women’s rights.
- We do advocacy work on FGM and facilitate initiatives taken by Somali Women.
- We provide up to date data to support campaigns and advocacy for increased progress and accountability.
- Through our collaboration with partners, ADRA and the Puntland Women Writers Association (PWWA), we support online campaigns to further gender equality and women’s rights globally, for example, #SayHerName, #MeToo, #WehaveSpokens, #HearUsSeeUs.
We provide capacity building support to government departments, local and international organisations
and Somali researchers working on gender and women’s rights by:
- Organising workshops on subjects such as data analysis, research methods, research writing and publishing.
- Setting up online groups to enable peer support, coaching and mentoring.